Since the dawn of the Industrial Era, urbanization is considered to be an inevitable and universal process. This is because urbanization and urban areas have conditions that are prerequisites for the industrial and technological revolutions and the associated economic development that followed. The conditions for industrialization includes access to capital, entrepreneurs ready to use the […]Read More Urbanization trends in India
Technological interventions today require a huge amount of funds and investments. This is especially true in the case of interventions in the sustainable development sector. Due to high perceived risk in the market, renewable energy and other innovations in the environmental field do not receive as much interest or amounts in terms of investments from […]Read More Solar Village Search Engine: Search for a brighter tomorrow
Today when 98% of the world’s population is busy worrying about climate change and the rest 2% arguing about it being a hoax; do you know how the affected countries are trying to deal with changing conditions? Melting glaciers, increasing sea level, severe floods and drought conditions are changing lives of millions of people. But […]Read More Adapting to Climate Change: Bangladesh
AKVO AWGs have been a revelation in how water is tapped for drinking purposes in our country. However, the journey has not been smooth and is by no means over. Mr. Bagga, the main man behind this organization and idea, is continuously working tirelessly to realize his dream of providing water to the people of […]Read More From the founder: AKVO and it’s journey so far…
Originally posted on Agenda For Survival:
The Earth’s climate has been evolving since the beginning of time but the manifestations of future catastrophes can now be seen. From frequent earthquakes, drying up of rivers and lakes to the disastrous situation in Kerala, the damage is perceivable. The situation has been demanding remedial measures especially since…
Every year, the Earth has a certain limit to the natural resources it produces. This includes the oxygen it generates from plants and trees, the food it produces, the timber it can provide, the non-timber forest products we can gather, the life it can support. We, the advanced species that we are, have decided to […]Read More Earth Overshoot Day 2018: The day we use up whatever the Earth can give us this year
Have you ever wondered why dogs and humans reproduce very differently? Why their litter is so big, often up to 7-8 pups while humans rarely give birth to more than 1 child at a time? Well, there is a reason for it, and it has to do with the rate of mortality or death the […]Read More R-strategists, K-strategists and Survivorship curves: The reproductive adaptations of different organisms
Drastically different from what pundits claimed when Trump left the Paris Climate Agreement, US has decreased its greenhouse gas emissions over the last one year. The Energy Information Administration’s report claims that increase in renewables, decrease in coal-based energy and an increase in natural gas usage for energy have combined to cause this drop to […]Read More The US miraculously reduce carbon emissions
Water is a big crisis in today’s world. It doesn’t matter where you live or how lavishly you live; you are going to face the brunt of the water crisis now or at some point in the future. The problem remains acute in India and the crisis is only growing. Despite relying on a variety […]Read More AKVO: Plucking water out of thin air!
Constructed in three phases, the Leaning Tower of Pisa is definitely the most well-known architectural maverick and one of the great wonders of the medieval world. And this wonder, does perfect justice to its name. IT ACTUALLY IS LEANING. Construction of the Leaning Tower of Pisa occurred in three phases, spanning nearly two whole centuries […]Read More WHY IS THE LEANING TOWER OF PISA LEANING?